Honda Club Of Barbados
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honda Civic EJ6 Coupe - Go Baby Go

3 posters

Go down

Honda Civic EJ6 Coupe - Go Baby Go Empty Honda Civic EJ6 Coupe - Go Baby Go

Post by typeR Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:56 pm

As some of you know, I recently sold my beloved Integra to a fellow member. The vehicle which I had intended to get after just managed to elude my grasp. So left with nothing but a sour taste in my mouth, I of course went in search of another honda.

I managed to negotiate a very good price on a 1996 Civic Coupe EJ6, which needs a little TLC, but as you may well know, I have that in abundance. Also in abundance is a thirst for go fast goodness and improved handling.

I will post up pics soon and keep this space updated.

But here is the plan:

1. Replace front brakes with BIGGER better bad boys.
2. Install the rear disc brakes from the GSR integra.
3. Some form of coilover suspension, currently researching.
4. Currently deciding which strut/swaybars etc to purchase to increase handling potential and stiffen the chassis.
5. Trying to locate a complete half cut Integra Type R, from which the new heart for my civic will be removed.
6. Oh, almost forgot, I am trying to locate some 16" OZ Superleggeras or Volk CE28N wheels. I would like 5 rims.
7. Upgrade Interior from 96spec climate controls to the 1998-2000 spec. (In progress)
8. Interior carpeting and seats to be thrown out and upgraded with new bling and firmer no nonsense seats.
9. Big ugly steering wheel has to go, Sparco Unit on order!
10. Considering a spoiler for this baby. If so, will go OEM for sure.

That's it for now. I'll get pics up today or tomorrow. Watch this space for progress. And what are you guys up to anyway?
typeR
typeR
First Gear

Number of posts : 52
Honda Civic EJ6 Coupe - Go Baby Go Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Honda Civic EJ6 Coupe - Go Baby Go Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Honda Civic EJ6 Coupe - Go Baby Go Empty Re: Honda Civic EJ6 Coupe - Go Baby Go

Post by lamphant Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:27 am

typeR wrote:

1. Replace front brakes with BIGGER better bad boys.
2. Install the rear disc brakes from the GSR integra.

4. Currently deciding which strut/swaybars etc to purchase to increase handling potential and stiffen the chassis.

In respect to these three points...why not jus save some more cash and do a complete swap from the EJ6 to the DC2-R or EK9 suspension and brakes set-up....it might be a lil tedious to find the complete set-up but IMO its allows for more room for "improvement"
lamphant
lamphant
First Gear

Number of posts : 61
Honda Civic EJ6 Coupe - Go Baby Go Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Honda Civic EJ6 Coupe - Go Baby Go Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by typeR Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:32 am

I can put my hands on EK9 / DC2 calipers and rotors for the front. I'm awaiting word from the infamous Maloney about what he has / hasn't. I am more interested right now in terms of the back brakes. Drums aren't cutting it.
typeR
typeR
First Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by lamphant Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:06 pm

well to be on the safe side...don't just bolt on the rear disc and calipers widout at least changing the lil equaliser/block/bias (whatever u prefer to call it)...

some guys add rear discs for the look (some for performance) but the car ain't going to stop any better with upgraded rear brakes with the same braking pressure goin to them....it gine eiher stop the same as regular discs or in the rare situation it gine stop worst....

so find a way to up the brake pressure going to the rear wheels
lamphant
lamphant
First Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by typeR Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:57 pm

My daily bread. B18C Type R Engine with S80 LSD Gearbox in EJ6 Coupe. Razz Razz Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
typeR
typeR
First Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by lamphant Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:59 am

my man at first i thought that was u current setup....then i read the lil caption at the bottom...i tell yah boy..talk but acceleration and "doin numbers"
lamphant
lamphant
First Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by typeR Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:10 pm

Ok folks, I've acquired a 1999 Civic SiR donor car from whence all my parts cometh! Very Happy Very Happy

Stay tuned for more info and pics.
typeR
typeR
First Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by lamphant Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:11 pm

ACTION!!!!!!!!
lamphant
lamphant
First Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by typeR Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:14 am

Update:

Lifted out the D16Y7 engine yesterday along with the tranny. Dropped in the new donor B16A engine and gearbox. Last thing we did last night was swing the key and she started!

Finishing the auto to manual conversion today with installation of the pedals etc.
typeR
typeR
First Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by lamphant Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:10 am

so when are we goin to see pics of the different stages of the project along with the "works" crew behind it all
lamphant
lamphant
First Gear

Back to top Go down

Post by jacksmith Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:09 am

Oh that's a good details about the project.I would surely want to see the final stage of the project.Do post some pics here.

Buy Couches Sectional

jacksmith
Noobie Driver

Number of posts : 5
Honda Civic EJ6 Coupe - Go Baby Go Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Honda Civic EJ6 Coupe - Go Baby Go Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down